Simplified Billing for software vendors
The following documents are designed to enable software vendors to integrate claims information into the document formats required for the exchange of electronic data with Medicare.
If you require more information regarding formats and specifications please contact Online Technical Support Helpdesk on 1300 550 115.
- MEDRUC Medical resource usage / cost message (version D97B) - Simplified billing claim version 1.0 [PDF, 290Kb] Last updated May 2003 contains the following message formats:
- MEDRUC Medical resource usage/cost message (version D97B) - Simplified billing claim version 1.0
- MEDRUC Medical resource usage/cost message (version D97B) - Simplified billing claim response version 1.0
- CONTRL Syntax and service report message
- REMADV Remittance advice message (version D97B) - Simplified billing version 1.0
- Simplified billing - envelope segment [PDF, 15Kb]
An education package has been developed to assist private health funds and billing agents in submitting patient claims to Medicare. Below is a copy of the Simplified Billing User Guide.
- Overview [PDF, 166Kb]
- Registration [PDF, 208Kb]
- Claiming [PDF, 181Kb]
- Data Entry [PDF, 277Kb]
- Reconciling [PDF, 177Kb]
Some documents on this page may require the free Adobe PDF reader.
Last updated: 25 September, 2013