The application forms in this category cover some aspects of provider and patient eligibility. You can lodge these forms by post to GPO Box 9822, in your Capital City or by fax to the numbers listed on the form. If forms are lodged by fax, please note the retention requirements required for auditing purposes. These requirements are listed on the form. For enquiries relating to provider eligibility please phone 132 150 (local call rates). For enquiries relating to patient eligibility, please call 132 011 (local call rates).
- Application for recognition as a specialist [PDF, 280Kb]
- Guidelines for the recognition of medical practitioners as specialist or consultant physicians [PDF, 186Kb]
- MRI Statutory Declaration Instructions [PDF, 117Kb]
- Application for Late Lodgment of a claim for Assigned Medicare Benefits [PDF, 139Kb]
- Positron Emission Tomography (PET) Statutory Declaration [PDF, 114Kb]
With the introduction of the Electronic Transactions Act 1999 and as part of the Government's Online Strategy, Medicare Australia is now able to provide the IT standards that Medicare Australia requires for electronic transmission, scanning and storage of Referrals to specialists/consultant physicians and Requests for pathology and diagnostic imaging services. If you would like to transmit, scan and/or store Referrals or Requests electronically, please refer to the following Medicare Australia IT standards.
- Notice of Information Technology Standards under the Electronic Transactions Act 1999 for Electronic and Paper [PDF, 39Kb]
Some documents on this page may require the free Adobe PDF reader.
Last updated: 20 April, 2011