The application forms in this category cover some aspects of provider eligibility. You can lodge these forms by post to GPO Box 9822, in your Capital City or by fax to the numbers listed on the form. If forms are lodged by fax, please note the retention requirements for originals of faxed documents for auditing purposes. These requirements are listed on the form. For enquiries relating to provider eligibility please phone 132 150* (local call rates).
- Application for an initial Medicare provider/registration number for an Optometrist [PDF, 221Kb]
- Schedule of Optometrists [PDF, 120Kb]
- Common Form of Undertaking [PDF, 108Kb]
- Application for an additional location-Medicare provider/registration number [PDF, 373Kb]
An optometrist accredited to prescribe under state or territory legislation, may apply to Medicare Australia for approval as an authorised optometrist.
As PBS prescribers, authorised optometrists may write prescriptions for medicines listed in the optometrist section of the PBS Schedule from 1 January 2008 for supply as pharmaceutical benefits. View information on Optometrist PBS prescribing.
- Application for approval to prescribe medication under the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS) [PDF, 122Kb]
* Call charges apply
Education plays an important role in Medicare Australia’s approach to managing the integrity of the programs we administer. The focus of our education is explaining Medicare and PBS requirements to health care providers.
Some documents on this page may require the free Adobe PDF reader.
Last updated: 13 April, 2012