The application forms in this category cover some aspects of provider eligibility. Lodgment details are listed on each form. Where applications are faxed, you must retain your original documents for auditing purposes.
Recognised Fellows for Medicare purposes
- Medicare Australia’s list of Recognised RACGP Fellows [PDF, 137Kb]
- Medicare Australia’s list of Recognised ACRRM Fellows [PDF, 130Kb]
Further information regarding Vocational recognition of Fellows of the Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine (ACRRM)
- Request for removal from Recognised RACGP Fellows List [PDF, 181Kb]
- Request for removal from Recognised ACRRM Fellows list [PDF, 128Kb]
Vocational registration for Medicare purposes
- Vocational Registration of General Practitionerss - Application for Certification of Eligibility [PDF, 160Kb]
- Request for removal from Vocational Register General Practitioners [PDF, 119Kb]
From July 2001, Medicare Australia will be able to automatically cancel Medicare cheques made payable to an eligible General Practitioner via the claimant when they remain unpresented after 90 days, and pay benefits directly into GPs' financial institution accounts. Eligible GPs will need to apply to Medicare Australia to register for the 90 Day Pay Doctor Cheque Scheme.
To participate in this Scheme, eligible GPs must complete the application form and return it to Medicare Australia either by facsimile (08) 8274 9307 or to GPO Box 570, Adelaide SA 5001.
Should you require any further information about the Scheme please contact us on 1800 032 259.
With the introduction of the Electronic Transactions Act 1999 and as part of the Government's Online Strategy, Medicare Australia is now able to provide the IT standards that Medicare Australia requires for electronic transmission, scanning and storage of Referrals to specialists/consultant physicians and Requests for pathology and diagnostic imaging services. If you would like to transmit, scan and/or store Referrals or Requests electronically, please refer to the following Medicare Australia IT standards.
- Notice of Information Technology (IT) Requirements under the Electronic Transactions Act [PDF, 45Kb]
- Notice of Information Technology Standards under the Electronic Transactions Act 1999 for Electronic and Paper [PDF, 39Kb]
Some documents on this page may require the free Adobe PDF reader.
Last updated: 31 May, 2011