Data capture of streamlined authority indications of use
From 1 December 2011, changes will be made to the way data is collected for streamlined authority medicines.
The following changes will occur:
- approved suppliers will need to specify the streamlined authority code for each Authority required (STREAMLINED) item claimed
- dispensing software must have the capability to record and transmit the streamlined authority code to Medicare, and
- the Medicare system will return a ‘reject’ message to pharmacists where the streamlined authority code does not align with the item number at date of prescribing the prescription.
From 1 July 2012, any claims for streamlined authority medicines that don’t include a valid streamlined authority code will be rejected using reason code 636.
- Dispensing PBS Authority required (STREAMLINED) medicine quick reference guide [PDF, 589Kb]
- Call PBS general enquiry line 132 290*
*Call charges apply
Some documents on this page may require the free Adobe PDF reader.
Last updated: 25 June, 2012