Useful links and information
- Department of Health: Ageing and Aged Care information
Information and resources for aged care services including material for residential and home care providers and the general public.
- Aged Care e-Connect: Interim Online Claiming Capabilities
Information about the Department of Health's involvement in the project and other eConnect projects.
- Aged Care Essentials – Department of Health
Aged Care Essentials is a monthly newsletter designed to keep financial officers within Residential Aged Care Services (RACS) informed of changes to all payment related forms and processes for residential aged care.
- ACAT Chat – Department of Health
ACAT Chat is a monthly newsletter to keep Aged Care Assessment Teams (ACATs) informed of current policy and program directions and current issues.
- Leading Aged Services Australia
Leading Age Services Australia represents all industry participants, and maintains an essential principle of inclusion at its core. It is a collection of equals committed to a brighter future for the age services industry, and the older Australians who rely upon it.
- Aged & Community Services Australia
Aged and Community Services Australia (ACSA) is the national peak body representing not-for-profit and faith-based providers of residential and home care, and housing and support for people with a disability and their carers.
The ARIA provides an indicator of the accessibility of services by locality. This document contains links to the index as at 1 July 1999.
The ARIA is used to assess the remoteness of the location of a care recipient's home. ARIA is a precise measure of the accessibility of all geographical locations in Australia. It scores and classifies each location into one of five groups:
- highly accessible
- moderately accessible
- remote, and
- very remote.
The rate of viability supplement for Home Care will be based on the ARIA score of the care recipient’s location.
The files below contain alphabetical listings for localities in that state/territory only. You can download the listings in PDF format.
- ACT ARIA scores [PDF, 39Kb]
- NSW ARIA scores [PDF, 233Kb]
- NT ARIA scores [PDF, 55Kb]
- QLD ARIA scores [PDF, 562Kb]
- SA ARIA scores [PDF, 111Kb]
- TAS ARIA scores [PDF, 67Kb]
- VIC ARIA scores [PDF, 169Kb]
- WA ARIA scores [PDF, 299Kb]
Some documents on this page may require the free Adobe PDF reader.
Last updated: 26 September, 2013