Aged Care Online Claiming
Aged Care Online Claiming is a fast and secure solution that allows you to easily transmit forms online and claim directly from the Department of Human Services.
Aged care providers are able to transmit claim related data through three different channels:
- Business to Business (B2B)-integrated software
- File Upload-integrated software and website
- Web Forms-website.
For more information about these channels, go to Choosing an online claiming channel.
Aged Care Online Claiming gives your organisation a major advantage by streamlining practices and improving efficiencies and outcomes.
Online claiming will:
- significantly reduce staff time required to prepare and submit paperwork
- reduce the amount of time it takes to submit events
- improve the accuracy of payments and related data
- provide immediate acknowledgement that forms and information have been received by Human Services
- reduce the need for paper forms and their storage
- generally provide overnight business processing with outcomes available the next business day.
Online claiming will also allow authorised staff to:
- lodge data electronically
- access care recipient and claim data
- correct and reverse electronic data
- lodge data through Web Forms
- view Aged Care Client Records lodged electronically
You can register to access the Aged Care Online Claiming (ACOC) website if you are an appoved provider or authorised staff member registered with Human Services in:
- Residential aged care
- Community aged care (CACP only)
- Transitional care (TC)
- Multi-purpose service (MPS)
- Aged Care Assessment Teams (ACATs).
Depending on the type of Aged Care provider you are and the online claiming channel and the software you choose, you can:
- transmit and update residential and community care events*
- view and finalise residential and community care claims
- reconcile aged care subsidy payments
- view electronic Aged Care Client Records (eACCR)
- search and monitor all of the electronic aged care data lodged
- access information relating to care recipients.
*Note: oxygen and enteral feeding events continue to require a doctor’s certificate to be sent to Human Services.
Yes. Depending on the online claiming channel and the software you choose, all data will be protected through the Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) or the use of Human Services Aged Care Online Claiming website (which uses authenticated access control and passwords). Both options contain high-level security systems for the transmission of electronic data.
Human Services is committed to continually improving online claiming through collaboration with the aged care sector and software vendors.
We will continue to enhance the capability of our online claiming channels by identifying new online initiatives to make claiming easier for you. The national rollout of the electronic Aged Care Client Record (eACCR) project will enable Aged Care Assessment Teams (ACATs) to transmit online and improvements will continue to be made in online claiming capability for all programs across the aged care sector.
Last updated: 9 April, 2013