Administrative record keeping guidelines
Medicare has developed administrative record keeping guidelines to make it easier for health professionals to assess and maintain good administrative record keeping standards within their practice
The guidelines may be helpful for anyone responsible for record keeping, including practice managers and their staff, general practitioners, specialists, nurses, allied health professionals and receptionists.
- A checklist to assess the administrative record keeping standards within your practice.
- Top ten administrative record keeping tips.
- Case studies and information about how to report suspected fraud.
- Information about:
- electronic record keeping
- knowing your responsibilities
- how to support and train your staff
- additional support services
- Administrative Record Keeping Guidelines [PDF, 1.5Mb]
- Administrative Record Keeping Guidelines [RTF, 226Kb]
Note: the information provided in the Administrative Record Keeping Guidelines booklet is generic and should be used as a guide only. The information is not prescriptive and allows for individual tailoring to suit your practice requirements.
Some documents on this page may require the free Adobe PDF reader.
Last updated: 25 June, 2013