Health Professional Online Services (HPOS) Terms and Conditions of Use and Access
I agree that the following Terms and Conditions of Use and Access (Terms and Conditions) apply to my access and use, and that of my delegates, of Health Professional Online Services (HPOS).
In these Terms and Conditions, "I" refers to me and / or "my delegate(s)" as the circumstances warrant.
- to provide true and correct information to Medicare Australia through HPOS and I declare that all such information I provide is true and correct.
- Medicare Australia is not liable for the accuracy of any information provided by me or for any action taken by Medicare Australia in reliance on that information.
- that providing false or misleading information may result in prosecution and civil or criminal penalties.
- Medicare Australia is not responsible for any failure in relation to payments made to me where I do not provide correct bank account details.
- that providing incorrect information through HPOS that results in an overpayment to me, will be treated in the same way as providing incorrect information on a form or in person.
- keep all my authentication details, password(s), passphrase(s) and related security details for my access to HPOS confidential and secure;
- not permit any other person to use any of my authentication details, password(s), passphrase(s) or tokens to access HPOS; and
- where required, change my secure access details regularly and when prompted by HPOS and / or by Medicare Australia
- that Medicare Australia assumes that all transactions using my HPOS are undertaken by me or my delegate(s).
- that HPOS My Subscriptions (My Subscriptions) is a voluntary opt-in service within HPOS and if I opt-in to My Subscriptions, I agree I am unable to withdraw from My Subscriptions for thirteen (13) weeks.
- that by opting-in to My Subscriptions, I will not receive paper/hardcopy statements and documents from Medicare Australia.
- that my access to HPOS depends on telecommunications and Internet service providers and other external factors and that Medicare Australia does not guarantee the availability of HPOS during the specified operating hours.
- that I am responsible for any damage to my computer, systems or software caused by any virus, irrespective of the origin of the virus.
- to keep personal information (Personal Information) uploaded and/or accessed by me confidential.
- not to access, use, disclose, publish, communicate, retain or otherwise deal with Personal Information except in the course of performing my duties using any HPOS Services.
- to store and protect Personal Information with appropriate security, having regard to the nature of the information.
- My privacy obligations under clauses 12 - 14 of these Terms and Conditions are perpetual.
- Medicare Australia may make changes to HPOS at any time and with or without notice to me.
- Medicare Australia may notify me of changes to HPOS through information and notices available to me when I access HPOS.
- that I am responsible for regularly accessing notices and information provided by Medicare Australia through HPOS.
- Medicare Australia may monitor my access to HPOS Services.
- to these Terms and Conditions every time I use HPOS, whether I access HPOS through these Terms and Conditions by clicking "I agree" or whether I access HPOS through other web pages.
- that each acceptance of these Terms and Conditions in accordance with clause 20 above, will be acceptance of any changes to the Terms and Conditions, in circumstances where it is reasonable to assume that I am aware of the changes.
- Medicare Australia may cancel my access (including access of any of my delegates) to HPOS if:
- Medicare Australia believes that my access has been used to perform an unauthorised transaction, or
- I am no longer eligible to access HPOS.
- to the extent permitted by law, Medicare Australia is not liable to me for any claim, loss, liability or expense incurred by me in my access and use of HPOS.
- that I am responsible for the appointment and management of my delegates and of their use of HPOS.
- that any action taken by my delegate(s) using HPOS is deemed to be action taken by me.
- to inform my delegates of these Terms and Conditions and their responsibilities under these Terms and Conditions when using HPOS.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of the Australian Capital Territory. All parties submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of the Australian Capital Territory.
ACIR terms and conditions for access and use of ACIR, being an agreement under s.46E(2) of the Health Insurance Act 1973.
Note: these ACIR terms and conditions apply (in addition to the clauses of the HPOS Terms and Conditions) when I access and use ACIR through HPOS.
- I am not in breach of these ACIR terms and conditions if, in my capacity as a recognised immunisation provider:
- I am legally required to give the identifying Information to a court, or
- I am a recognised immunisation provider and I give the identifying Information in the course of immunising children.
- Even after I cease to be a recognised immunisation provider I will:
- not use the identifying Information except for a purpose relating to the immunisation or health of the child
- not, either directly or indirectly, give the identifying information to another person
- not use the Information except for the purpose for which it was requested
- protect any record of the identifying Information I have against loss or misuse using security measures which are reasonable.